Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Innes Theological Blog


Frontispiece to Francis Bacon's Great Instauration

Why another Innes blog? Well, it is not because I just don't have enough to do. But from time to time I have a strictly theological post that I want to put out there.

My original blog, Principalities and Powers, is for Christian and theoretical reflection on political life. I have avoided posting anything that gets too far off the political and cultural path. This blog allows me that freedom to roam.

I call it Piety and Humanity after Francis Bacon's use of the phrase in New Atlantis, his literary envisioning of the scientific society for which he was laying the practical and theoretical foundation. "Besides, we are come here among a Christian people, full of piety and humanity." It was Bacon's intention to replace piety with the modern virtue of humanity, and retrofit the Christian faith for service to the new science and the brave new world for which it would provide a foundation and establish a horizon.

This blog is in part simple theological reflection, but in part--and unavoidably--a conversation with that world...our world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!